New Season ~ Organic Sencha Shizu 7132
$34.00 – $117.00
Also known as Sakura Kaori (cherry blossom aroma), Shizu 7132 is a very unique cultivar with a special trait; it has a natural sweet aroma like sakura flowers. This is derived from its naturally high levels coumarin which is also present in Japanese cherry trees.
The passionate farmer behind this Shizu Sencha is Fujita-san who grows tea in the mountains of Kawane, Shizuoka. Processed using light steam, this Asamushi is fresh with a light sweet sakura aroma. The liquor is medium thick with distinct notes of umami and artichoke. Low astringency yields to a finish of floral notes.
- Teaspoon: 2 level
- Device: French press, brewt, mesh basket, cup infuser
- Water: 12 oz, less than 176ºF / 80º c
- Timer: 2 minutes
- Nuances: Umami, artichoke, floral fresh Sencha
- Storage: Sealed light proof jar/tin in a cool cupboard. keep away from heat & light source.
- Best Before: 3-6 Months depending on storage. Best used in the first 3 months after opening